Fresh fruits are naturally sweet and pack huge nutritional benefits as well. Fruits act as cleansers for your body, give you energy and supply a vast array of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that promote good health. Adding fruit to your diet is as simple as eating an apple with your lunch or slicing a banana onto your breakfast cereal. Aim to add at least two or three servings to your daily diet to get the numerous benefits fruits have to offer.
Check out this infographic to know the Natural Fighters Amazing Health Benefits of Fruits
Sensitive skin is nothing less than a curse. Why? Because it requires a lot of attention, lot of maintenance and of course, a lot of care. A sensitive skin is prone to a number of skin issues as well as allergies that could be faced by a person every now and then. From a simple dust infection/allergy to the major issues of acne, sensitive skin may turn your sober life into worst of nightmares. Thus, it is better late than never that you should take your sensitive skin very seriously. A proper skin regime is the best treatment to keep your skin soft and supple.
One of the most important things while following your daily skin regime is the best choice of your moisturizer. Your moisturizer shouldn’t be ineffective. At the same time, it mustn’t be too harsh to harm your skin. Thankfully, a number of brands have extended their preparation to the moisturizers that make the best choice for the people having a sensitive skin.
Following are considered to be the best moisturizers for sensitive skin:
Eucerin Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Cream:
Eucerin is considered to be one of the most popular names whenever it comes to selecting the brand the products of which are purely dedicated for the care of sensitive skin. The q10 Anti-Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Cream designed by the company doesn’t only tend to keep your skin soft and supple, but the same helps you to treat the wrinkles present on your skin as well. This cream is fragrance-free, alcohol free and comprises of a non-comodegenic formula that takes all the due care of your skin.
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream:
Another product which is considered to be one of the best moisturizers for sensitive skin is CeraVe Moisturizing Cream. This product is very rich in terms of its all over properties and the same provides you an all-around advantage to fight against a number of skin issues. This cream comprises of ceramides which help your skin to retain moisture, thereby protecting itself from all kinds of environmental influences. It serves as the best choice for people who suffer from eczema or psoriasis.
Skinmedica Replenish Hydrating Cream:
Another wise choice to look into this winter in order to keep your skin soft and supple is Skinmedica Replenish Hydrating Cream. This product has been tested dermatologically and the same serves to be a boon for your sensitive skin. This cream hydrates your skin very well without causing any kind of oiliness on to it. It is free from all kinds of preservatives as well.
Vanicream Moisturizing Skin Cream:
If you have an extremely sensitive skin, this cream is your only solace. This product has been prepared by the dermatologist considering the sensitive skin of a majority of people. The cream provides for a soft and a supple skin within its little use. It is also free from all kinds of harsh chemicals and therefore considered as one of the best moisturizers for sensitive skin.
St. Ives Timeless Skin Facial Moisturizer:
St. Ives is considered to be a popular name in the world of creams and cosmetics and its timeless Skin Facial Moisturizer is one of its best creations. This moisturizer promises to soften your skin. It also repairs dry skin in no time. The consistency of this cream is medium and thus could be used both during daytime as well as nighttime.
Avene Antirougeurs Fort Relief Concentrate:
Another amazing product to heal your sensitive skin in no time is the Avene Antirougeurs Fort Relief Concentrate. This moisturizer is a great option for you if you are looking forward to getting a hold of the redness on your face. The moisturizer heals your skin and calms all the inflammatory sensations on to it. It is the best choice for the people who suffer from rosacea.
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream:
This product from Cetaphil is considered to be one of the best moisturizers for sensitive skin. This product tends to smooth and soothe your dry and sensitive skin in no time and thus, the same is a perfect pick for the people who suffer from eczema. It doesn’t clog pores and therefore could be used on a regular basis. The fragrance-free product is filled with the nourishing sweet almost oils to give you a shield against the harsh winter breeze.
All these products have been tested dermatological and hence they do not harm you skin. It’s your turn. Pick the best product now.
Vitamin D plays a substantial role in the regulation of calcium and maintenance of phosphorus levels in the blood, two factors that are extremely important for maintaining healthy bones.Vitamin D plays an important role in bone building by enabling calcium uptake by your body. It is also very important for healthy immune system function and may help lower your risk of contracting colds.
Check out this infographic to know the Amazing Health Benefits of Vitamin D
Meditation is relaxation. It is not about concentration, it’s actually about de-concentration.
With meditation, the physiology undergoes a change and every cell in the body is filled with more energy. This results in joy, peace, enthusiasm as the level of energy in the body increases.
With meditation the mind becomes fresh, delicate and beautiful.
Check out this infographic to know the 10 Reasons Why Daily Meditation Is So Beneficial
Double chin, also referred to as submental fat has become a common condition today. A double chin occurs when a layer of fat forms below your chin. It is the same double chin that makes you look a little ugly and it is the same double chin that you must get rid of.
The reasons of the occurrence of double chin may vary from body to body. Seeing a double chin could put you in a sheer embarrassment. However, there are certain ways and means using which you can get rid of this problem and can get rid of this excess fat around your chin.
Here is how to get rid of a double chin:
While the exercises for double chin do not entertain any major scientific reason, the same could help you to get rid of double chin if you perform them on a regular basis. Exercises tend to target the muscles of your neck and face and thus working on these muscles could actually help you to burn the access amount of fat in these areas. Here is how to get rid of double chin using these exercises:
For tongue press, you are required to sit up straight and tilt your head such that it faces the ceiling. Next you are required to put pressure on to the roof of your mouth. This could be done by pressing your tongue against it. Now, lower your chin towards your chest and relax the tongue by the way of returning to the start position. Repeat this process for twenty times.
Pouting with Pressure:
Sit with an upright position and stick your lower lip in order to form a pout. Lower your chin towards your chest and while doing this keep your lower lip stretched. Hold the position for a second and relax your lips to straighten your neck. Repeat.
Circle of Life:
This could be performed by tilting your head back in order to face the ceiling. Now, shut your lips tightly and then open it a little bit such that your mouth forms an ‘O’ shape. Hold this position for a period of 20 seconds. Repeat.
Stand or sit with your back put upright. Now rotate your head slowly such that your chin leads the way. Drive your chin in order to turn from one shoulder to the other using your chest. Complete a set of 10 repetitions in each direction.
Side Neck Stretch:
Place one of your hands on to the floor and wrap the other arm on the top of your head in such a position that your palm rests on the opposite ear. Now, bend your head towards your shoulder and take your fingertips off the floor to place them on to your upper arm.
Start with moving your jaws up and down as if you are chewing and keeping your lips together. Now, inhale deeply and exhale slowly. Open your mouth widely using the tip of your tongue to press it against your lower teeth. Hold the position to inhale and further exhale with a ‘sigh’ sound. Hold it for ninety seconds.
A number of face masks could help you to tighten your skin and further reduce the appearance of the double chin. Glycerin masks, coffee masks as well as green tea masks could support all your efforts of exercises. You can also make a mask of honey, egg whites as well as lemon juice in order to reduce the fat located around your chin.
The answer to how to get rid of double chin also lies in taking a good diet. A natural diet helps to reduce the appearance of a double chin, especially when the same is caused by a weight gain. Thus, you can start with taking a good diet and reduce the number of calories for each day. Drinking plenty of water also helps to remove a lot of fat from the body. Furthermore, water and water-rich foods such as melons, watermelons as well as cucumbers also help as to the removal of double chin and other toxins from your body.
Some people opt for various invasive procedures in order to get rid of double chin. You can get rid of double chin by opting for three different forms of surgeries for double chin. These surgeries include following:
However, these surgeries do not guarantee 100 percent results.
Follow these ways and means to get rid of double chin and seeing a prettier you.
Running is not only great for the soul but good for your well-being. You’ve probably heard that exercise is a medicine.Studies have shown that running can helps in preventing Obesity, Type 2 diabetes, Heart disease, High blood pressure, Stroke, some Cancers, and a host of other unpleasant conditions.
Check out this infographic to know the Health Benefits of Running.
“Life is like a race and you have to run as fast as you can to win it.” This quote perfectly fits the current scenario when in order to achieve success we are working day and night. Because of this, we have stopped taking proper care of ourselves which has badly affected our health as well as our body.
We can easily see young age man and woman with white hairs, wrinkles their faces etc. In addition to this, we can also see people are suffering from tanning because of the excessive exposure to ultraviolet lights as well as they also don’t take proper care of their skin.
What basically Tanning is?
It is the process in which skin is darkened i.e. skin color changes or get tanned. This is basically caused when a person comes in exposure to ultraviolet radiation of sunlight or some artificial sources like tanning lamp also leads to it. Even some people use chemical skin products which are really harmful to skin and leads to tanning. It is popularly known as Sunless Tanning. Excessive exposure to sunlight can even lead to sunburn and skin cancer.
So, it is quite necessary to take care of your skin and save it from harmful radiations. If you are suffering from the problem of Tanning then there are several home remedies which can help you to reduce it:
- Use of Lemon juice, Cucumber, and Rose Water
This is a proven method to remove Tanning and which can be easily implemented at home.
- All you need is 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon cucumber extract and 1 tablespoon rose water.
- Mix all of these ingredients and then generously apply this mixture to those areas which are suffering from tanning and don’t limit this to your face but also apply to hands, legs, and neck.
- After 15 minutes Rinse it off.
- Apply this pack daily for 10 days you will surely see the notice.
This method is basically useful because it provides soothe to the skin and gently provides calmness to skin.
- Use of Aloe Vera, Red Lentil, and Tomato Pack
- All you need is 1 tablespoon each of Aloe Vera, Red Lentil powder and Tomato juice.
- Then mix all these ingredients properly and make a rough paste.
- Apply it very gently on your face and wash it after half an hour with cold water.
- This mixture will not only give you relief from tanning but will also make the pores of your skin open so that you don’t suffer from problems of pimples etc.
- Use this week on alternate days and this will paste will start showing wonders.
Red Lentil is considered as wonder gram for tan removal and when it is mixed with other two it forms the best tan removal paste.
- Use of Yogurt and Tomato Pack
- You need 1 tablespoon each of Yogurt and Tomato juice or pulp then mix both of these properly and apply that paste on your face.
- Let the face pack dry for at least half an hour and then cleanse it with cold water.
- This paste is quite useful as Yogurt is quite gentle to apply but the citric property of tomato makes it a natural tan remover and when these two are applied together, they act as little bit tingling but Yogurt makes it again gentle.
- If you are suffering from the problem of pigmentation or dark spot then this paste is quite useful. Applying this paste 2-3 times a week surely shows the effect within 15 days. The mixture also acts as a toner and opens the pores of the skin and even reduces oiliness of skin naturally.
- Use of Strawberry and Milk
This is the gentlest method to remove Tanning. Strawberries are considered as natural exfoliates which helps you to remove dead cells from your skin.
- You just need 4-5 strawberries and 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Make a mixture of strawberry and fresh milk.
- Gently apply this mixture on heavily tanned areas of your face.
- Leave the pack for about 30 minutes and then wash it.
- Applying this mixture twice a week will show you effect in 15 days.
- Mixture of Honey and Pineapple
- Take 2 tablespoons of Pineapple pulp and 1 tablespoon honey.
- Mix the two ingredients and make a mixture without any pulp.
- Then gently apply this pack to your face and leave it for 15 minutes and then rinse it off.
- It is most effective if you apply it on alternate days.
- The ingredients are loaded with vitamin C which reduces the aging of the skin.
Importance of Pranayama
Pranayama is one of the most important aspects of yoga. It refers to the Prana, which is the force that gives us life. For yogis, the Prana is very important since it is the energy that brings us to life. Beyond giving life, it is the link that connects your mind with its conscious state.
To control the Prana, you use Pranayama. These are a series of techniques to stimulate your breathing. The breathing functions are considered of most importance for aliving since it is impossible to continue life without breath.
But just breathing is not enough for yoga practice. You must learn how to do it right. When you are untrained, you just breath uncontrollably. But once you get involved with pranayama techniques, you will learn how to get control of your breath, which leads to healing and self-control.
The Different Types of Pranayama
There are different techniques when it comes to pranayama. Each yoga stream has different approaches, but all of them are meant for the same porpoises. The most popular types of Pranayama techniques are:
- Kapalabhati Pranayama (breathing with your skull)
- Kumbhaka Pranayama (the retention of breath)
- Mrigi Mudra Pranayama (or the seal of the deer)
- Mula Bandha (the bond to your roots)
- Nadi Shodhana Pranayama (to clean the breathing channels)
- Shitali Pranayama (the cool technique)
- Simhasana Pranayama (or the lion position)
- Surya Bhedana Pranayama (breathing with one nostril)
- Svara Pranayama (the sound of your breath)
- Ujjayi Pranayama (to conquer your breath)
- Viloma Pranayama (or the paused inhalation)
Benefits of Pranayama
Once you master the arts of pranayama, there are many good things that come along with it. The most important benefits include:
- Bringing more oxygen to your bloodstream and improve its circulation.As a consequence, your heart works better than before.
- Learning how to reduce your breath rate.
- Reduces feelings of depression or anger
All these benefits are a combination of the pranayama techniques and the yoga philosophy. Of course, it all starts with pranayama, but that is not the only thing to consider. To practice yoga as a whole is going to improve all aspects of your life.
Techniques to Practice Pranayama
Get prepared for Pranayama as we explain in our section “Steps to do Pranayama.” Then, select one of the techniques you want to perform. Here are few details on some of them.
- To perform the Nadi Shodhana Pranayama, cover your right nostril with your right hand. Then, inhale from the left side. On the second’s step, cover your left nostril with your left hand and exhale from the right side.
- The Shitali Pranayama started with your mouth opened and shaped like an O as you inhale. Take the air out through your nose.
- For the Ujjayi Pranayama, you must open your mouth and take deep inhalations and exhalations. As you are doing it, close your through until you listen the sound of the ocean. On the next breath, close your mouth as you still restrict your throat. Then breath. Alternate the breathes between your mouth and nose.
Precautions when you practice Pranayama
The most important thing when you practice pranayama is your posture. You must ensure your back is straight in such a way that your neck and spine are in a perpendicular position to the floor. With a bad position, you will not be able to perform any pranayama technique correctly.
Before you start, make sure you have an empty stomach. Then proceed.
Steps to do Pranayama
Each Pranayama technique has different steps. However, most of them have the same basic steps to start as follows:
- Get to a comfortable position, preferably sitting down with your legs crossed.
- Clear your mind and relax. As you do this, take consciousness of your breath. This step should take you around 5 breathing cycles.
- Feel how the air is moving around you and filling your lunges. Take consciousness of your surroundings.
- Breath according to the type of pranayama you want to perform. Check them out on our section “Techniques to Practice Pranayama.”
- Repeat each pranayama exercise at least ten times.
Only few pranayama requires a different position, and therefore different steps.
Asthma and Pneumonia are both airway diseases. For unversed people, they are practically the same. Next, we will talk about their causes, symptoms and treatments, highlighting the differences of each.
Differences Between Asthma and Pneumonia
Both, asthma and pneumonia, affect the lunge area. But they do it differently. Asthma is chronical. It causes inflammation on the path to the lungs. As a consequence, the airways are stretched, reducing the path in which air can flow and causing the symptoms.
As for pneumonia, it is an infection in the lung area. The infection may affect only one lung or even both. If it is not treated at an early stage, it can worsen fast. The effect of the infection is the inflammation of the lungs themselves. Think of them as air bags whose walls are thicker. Again, the air flow is affected, but at a different area. In the worse pneumonia cases, the lungs can even fill with a fluid that further affects their air flow capacity.
It is important to highlight that asthma and pneumonia can be related. Asthma can lead to pneumonia, so it is imperative to take preventive measures. In fact, asthmatic patients have a higher risk to develop any other respiratory disease, from a simple flu to other more serious health conditions like influenza. This is because their respiratory system is weaker than the average.
As you can see, the origin of the discomforts is different. It all has to do with the air flow that can even affect your heart, causing other issues. But the root cause is located somewhere else.
Let’s take a closer look to the causes and symptoms on our following sections to differentiate each disease and avoid confusions.
Asthma is an inherited condition that is activated by the environment. An asthma outbreak can be triggered by the following factors:
- Airborne chemicals
- Certain allergens (for example, pollen or pets)
- Pollution (smoke)
- Weather (especially during dry and cold seasons)
As for pneumonia, there are many agents that can carry the disease, as it is an infection. They include:
There are similar symptoms when it comes to asthma and pneumonia. The similar symptoms are:
- Shortness of breath
- Higher respiratory rates
Specific symptoms of Asthma include:
- A whistling sound (high-pitched) when breathing.
- Tightness of the chest
But most of all, asthma’s symptoms are chronical. They can be very light or severe, and may last just a few moments or several hours.
As for pneumonia, the symptoms increase gradually. It all starts similar to a common cold, but eventually it gets worse. The specific symptoms of pneumonia are:
- Chest pain, especially when coughing
- Clammy skin
- Cough with mucus (yellow or green) and at the worse cases blood
- Feeling tired
- Headache and muscle pain
- No appetite
Not all cases develop the same symptoms, and they depend on which is the actual cause. Bacterial pneumonia is characterized for very high fever. Viral pneumonia is easily confused with flu, including headaches and muscle pain.
As for the treatments, they are completely different. It all has to do with the chronical nature of asthma against the temporary nature of pneumonia.
Asthmatic patients have it and must live with it through their whole lives. On the contrary, pneumonia is caused by an infection, and most cases can be cured. Therefore, the treatments address different things.
To improve asthma, you need to be aware of your surroundings. Each patient is triggered by specific things. If you simply avoid them, then you will be safe of an asthma attack. Nevertheless, when an attack occurs, it must be attended as an emergency right away.
The treatments for asthma depend on the severity of the condition. Allergy meds are useful. Other medications to keep everything under control include:
- Beta-2 agonists (for long term treatments)
- Corticosteroids (oral treatment)
- Immunotherapy agents (usually sublingual)
Besides these meds, it is important to be extra careful. Asthma patients have a weaker respiratory system and are more prone to be attacked by other diseases.
As for pneumonia, rest is the best treatment. Drinking a lot of water and other liquids is also recommended. With pneumonia there are two approaches with medications. The following list is for those meds used to reduce the symptoms and make the disease more bearable:
The second group of medicines must be prescribed by a licensed doctor. They are antivirals or antibacterial drugs to get rid of the harmful agent that is causing the infection.